Sunday, April 29, 2012

18 Weeks

We are 18 Weeks pregnant, and our baby is the size of a sweet potato...



So we went to the doctor this past Monday in hopes of finding out BB's sex, however it wasn't as successful as we thought. They say to drink OJ and have a snack right before you go to the doctor to get the baby "going" and to make him/her more active. Well it seemed to work but BB did not want us to see its goods! He/she kept turning away from us, and we mostly just got to see the top of the head. We were convinced we would find out the sex that day, and kept asking the doctor to try different things.. Finally at the end it was almost as if BB bent over (we saw the back of the legs and the butt cheeks and a "something in between the legs"). Our doctor said "Ok, I am going to say 75% boy," but I think at the point she was ready for us to get out of her office!!
The baby was very active.. we got to see its spinal cord and brain forming... technology is so cool!
So, we will patiently wait 2 more weeks and by then we will go to a more advanced center to 100% find out the sex of our baby. We can't wait! 
(I wrinkled the picture a bit in my purse.. oops) 


I am posting this picture of mom and I sanding the crib because you can see my belly a lot in the picture(I swear its way bigger in the afternoon and this was about 6pm). I am however, NOT posting this picture to show off our craft/handy work. After hours of sanding and then 2 coats of white paint, we realized none of us are DIY people... we decided to donate the, now white, crib and changing table and go out and buy one! Somethings are worth spending a few extra bucks. 


We received this "booty bouquet" in the mail this week :))) Thanks Aunt Vanessa! I thought it was very cute and had to share it... 

This kid already has so much stuff!!!

Until next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment